No deep insights today, just a catalog of activities. I:
- Got up at 5:00 a.m. to take Ferrett to the airport
- Did my grocery shopping at 6:00 a.m. in a store almost devoid of customers
- Put away the groceries, mopped the kitchen floor
- Stood around amazed at how much I had accomplished by 7:00 a.m.
- Stared uselessly at my computer for almost an hour before giving up and taking a nap.
This “early to rise” business once again is impressive as all get out, but without the “early to bed” accompaniment? A beast to sustain. I slept for a while and woke up feeling guilty and defeated. But wait! thought I. The day is not half done! I can still get lots accomplished. So after that I:
- Worked out
- Worked 5 hours
- Practiced dropping balls in quick succession
- Cooked dinner
- Wrote in this journal
Mostly, I avoided the self-defeatist attitude that once the day is bumped off-track it’s unrecoverable. That’s that OCD thing I am trying to overcome. And today I did it.
And wow am I tired.